Skilled New Jersey Lawyer Seeks to Reverse Driver License Suspensions
Determined Vernon attorney helps clients work to restore suspended licenses
The loss of a driver’s license can be a major disruption, making it more difficult to go to work or and limiting your ability to see friends and family. The Law Offices of James C. Zimmerman seeks the restoration of New Jersey driving privileges for clients dealing with a license suspension. From our offices in Vernon, Wayne, Pompton Lakes, Hackensack and Nutley, we work to help clients get back on the road safely and legally.
Experienced lawyer advises drivers charged with serious traffic offenses
Certain serious traffic offenses result in an automatic license suspension. In addition, the State of New Jersey suspends the driving privileges of anyone who accrues 12 or more points on their driving record.
Common reasons for license suspensions include:
- DWI — In addition to criminal penalties, a first offense for driving while intoxicated carries a mandatory license suspension lasting between three months and one year. A second offense comes with an automatic two-year license suspension.
- Driving without insurance — Every person who owns a vehicle that is registered or principally garaged in New Jersey is required to maintain motor vehicle insurance. A first offense of driving without liability insurance results in a one-year license suspension.
- Speeding — Depending on how much their vehicle exceeded the posted limit, a ticket for a single speeding violation can land a driver with up to five points on their license.
- Reckless driving — New Jersey classifies reckless driving as a five-point offense when a person operates a vehicle with willful or wanton disregard of the rights or safety of others, in a way that endangers another person or property.
- Injury-causing accident — A driver accused of causing an accident resulting in personal injury can be penalized with eight points on their license, the highest number available for a single offense.
No matter the reason for your license suspension, our firm will focus on finding a solution.
Dedicated NJ attorney guides clients through license reinstatement measures
You may be able to reduce the number of your license points by enrolling in a defensive driving course, a driver improvement program or a probationary driver program. In certain cases, you can get back behind the wheel legally by showing proof that you have acquired valid registration and insurance coverage, or paid any outstanding fines and fees. A lawyer can be of service when you seek to restore your license by making court appearances on your behalf and fighting to reduce charges from outstanding traffic tickets. Our firm can also ask the court to vacate the order of suspension or to have multiple suspension periods run concurrently.
Contact a New Jersey attorney for a free consultation about your license suspension
The Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann seeks to help clients restore driver licenses suspended in the State of New Jersey. Our offices are conveniently located in Vernon, Wayne, Pompton Lakes, Hackensack and Nutley. To schedule a free consultation, call 973-764-1633 or contact us online.