Experienced Lawyer Fights Foreclosures in Wayne, NJ
Proven strategies for homeowners in lender disputes in Passaic County
When you moved into your home in beautiful Wayne, you probably felt a great sense of accomplishment and hope for your future. But now that you’re struggling to hold onto that home, the future looks anything but secure. If unexpected circumstances have put you at risk of foreclosure, the Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann can help. For 25 years, we have helped homeowners defend their right to keep their home. Too often, lenders skirt their own legal duties while demanding strict contractual compliance from borrowers. Our knowledge of the law and determined advocacy levels the playing field between you and your mortgage holder, as we work toward the most favorable resolution possible.
Wayne foreclosure attorney offers aggressive home defense
Many homeowners don’t realize that even if they’ve fallen behind in mortgage payments, they may still have a solid defense to foreclosure. By investigating the details of your situation, we can determine whether you can block foreclosure on legal grounds that include:
- Lender’s failure to follow proper foreclosure procedures
- Inability of the foreclosing party to prove it owns your loan
- Loan servicer’s material error with your account
- Rights you may have under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Terms of your mortgage that a court could find “unconscionable”
Our determined defense to foreclosure sends a strong signal to your lender that you intend to do everything possible to save your home. This can prompt the lender to consider alternative remedies, such as a refinance or temporary loan forbearance, which is a grace period during which you don’t make payments, and your lender does not initiate foreclosure proceedings.
If you don’t have grounds to block foreclosure, we can still help you by pursuing other possible remedies, such as:
- Mortgage modification — Recent laws allow homeowners to get a mortgage modification if their homes have dropped in value to below the amount outstanding on the loan.
- Short sale — If the value of your home has fallen precipitously, you may be able to negotiate with the bank to allow you to sell the home for less than you owe. This gets you off the hook and spares the bank the expense of going through foreclosure.
- Deeds in lieu of foreclosure — The bank may allow you to surrender your deed in exchange for being released from your obligations under the mortgage.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy —By filing bankruptcy under Chapter 13, you can often continue to make home payments while relieving yourself of other obligations by paying much less and eventually having certain debts discharged.
If you have questions about foreclosure in Wayne or any other New Jersey town we serve, we are happy to meet with you and provide complete answers that address all your concerns.
For determined foreclosure defense, contact our Wayne, NJ law office
If your home is in danger of foreclosure, the Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann provides the reliable legal advice and strong defense counsel you need. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 973-764-1633 or contact us online. Our Wayne, NJ office is conveniently located right off Route 202, next to Veterans’ Alliance Park.
“Looking to get a short sale completed or file a bankruptcy??? There is no one better than Jim Zimmerman! He is a machine and just doesn’t take no for an answer. He has helped many of my clients and we couldn’t be happier with the results!” -Ron A. ★★★★★