Accomplished New Jersey Lawyer Helps Clients Prevent Foreclosure
Firm assists homeowners in Sussex, Passaic, Essex and Bergen counties
A home foreclosure isn’t just a temporary setback, but an event that can have lasting consequences for years to come. Decades after you’ve gotten over your financial troubles, a foreclosure could still prevent you from buying the home or car that you want. At the Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann, we help New Jersey residents find solutions that fit their circumstances and maximize their ability to avoid foreclosure. With offices in Vernon, Wayne, Pompton Lakes, Hackensack and Nutley, our firm has the resources and detailed understanding of debt issues to negotiate effectively with financial institutions so that you can stop the foreclosure process in its tracks.
Skillful attorney offers options for mortgage debt relief
New Jersey had one of the country’s highest foreclosure rates in 2017. Unfortunately, this makes our state a prime target for businesses and individuals who run foreclosure prevention scams. Aggressive come-ons aren’t likely to be trustworthy, and offers that sound too good to be true are usually false.. Working with one of these operators who ask you to make payments to them or coerce you into surrendering the title to your home could have disastrous consequences. To safeguard your interests, we can outline the potential benefits and pitfalls of foreclosure prevention options such as:
- Mediation — If you’ve been served with a foreclosure Summons and Complaint within the last 60 days, but no final order has been entered, you can take advantage of a mediation program offered by New Jersey. It gives you the chance to negotiate with your lender through the assistance of a qualified mediator.
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure — Homeowners who are ready to move on can transfer their property to the bank to stop the foreclosure process. Our firm presses to ensure that this deed in lieu of foreclosure fully satisfies their mortgage obligation.
- Short sale — When a mortgage is “underwater,” with the loan balance higher than the property’s fair market value, we can seek approval from your financial institution to stop foreclosure through a short sale. This type of sale recovers as much of the balance due as possible and gives families a chance to make a transition to a new home.
- Forbearance — Reducing or suspending your mortgage payments for a certain period of time can help you stay in your home while you address a temporary financial problem.
- Mortgage modification — By working with your mortgage lender, we can try to find ways to revise the terms of your agreement so that your monthly payment fits your budget.
With something this important, it’s crucial to find a foreclosure defense professional who has an established track record and provides honest, knowledgeable counsel. My firm is a trusted resource for clients in Sussex, Passaic, Essex and Bergen counties who are struggling with debt. In my experience, even the most overwhelming mortgage problems can be tackled, but not with tricks or shady maneuvers. Strong guidance from a qualified attorney will give you the best chance to prevent foreclosure and stay in your home.
Contact a dedicated New Jersey foreclosure prevention lawyer to schedule a meeting
The Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann assists homeowners seeking to avoid foreclosure throughout northern New Jersey. Please call 973-764-1633 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at one of our five offices, located in Vernon, Wayne, Pompton Lakes, Hackensack and Nutley.