Nutley Bankruptcy Attorney Tackles Clients’ Financial Challenges
Experienced Essex County debt relief lawyer assists people and businesses
Essex County offers residents a wide variety of exciting work and leisure options. Whether you’re commuting to New York City or enjoying one of the local parks, you deserve peace of mind and freedom from harassment. Unfortunately, money troubles can ruin your ability to live as you wish. When you find yourself in this position, effective help is available from an accomplished debt relief attorney. At the Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann in Nutley, we have represented New Jersey clients in bankruptcy cases and other debt relief matters for more than 25 years. In both individual and business matters, we have the diligence and creativity to find an appropriate solution to your money problems.
Knowledgeable adviser establishes protection for struggling debtors
There is no reason to feel awkward or embarrassed about filing for bankruptcy. It is meant for people who have suffered a financial setback due to a job loss, medical crisis or some other reason. If you’re in Essex County or anywhere in northern New Jersey, we can show you how to:
- Stop creditor harassment — Upon filing bankruptcy, the court issues an automatic stay which orders creditors to cease communications with you about what you owe until the litigation is resolved. This will stop those annoying calls and give everyone a chance to evaluate the situation calmly.
- Keep your utilities on — Once the bankruptcy process commences, sanctions for missed payments must cease. So, if a utility company is threatening to cut off power or water because you’re behind in your payments, these and other collection actions must stop.
- Protect your wages — To overcome money problems, you need full access to what you’ve earned. Bankruptcy protection includes the ability to remove wage garnishments that are affecting your financial recovery.
- Rebuild your credit — Discharging your debts or reaching a fair repayment plan will help you make a fresh start and launch the process of re-establishing your credit. Our firm will guide you through each step.
Starting with a free initial consultation, attorney James Zimmermann will make a detailed review of your circumstances and work tirelessly to end your debt struggles.
North Jersey advocate handles all types of bankruptcy litigation
Several choices exist for people who require legal assistance with their monetary concerns, including:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Under this process, eligible assets are used to make payments to creditors. At the case’s conclusion, debts that aren’t subject to a legal exemption are fully discharged, so that you never have to deal with them again.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — This program allows people who have fallen behind on payments to pause the collection harassment and work out a three- to five-year schedule to address their obligations. If you’re employed and would benefit from some favorable adjustments, we can create a fair Chapter 13 plan for court approval.
- Negotiation with creditors — Our firm also resolves debt problems outside the bankruptcy process when appropriate. In many cases, we effectively negotiate with creditors to find solutions that benefit both parties.
No matter what process offers the best chance to solve your problems, we will advocate strongly for your rights.
Proven firm guides businesses through Chapter 11 reorganizations
Businesses owners who seek to remain open while creating more favorable payment arrangements can obtain relief through Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Our firm works with the bankruptcy trustee to restructure debt among creditors and eliminate internal costs where necessary. We pay attention to your company’s specific needs to maximize the likelihood of a successful outcome.
Contact an accomplished Nutley bankruptcy attorney for a free initial consultation
At the Law Offices of James C. Zimmermann, we guide clients through bankruptcy and other types of debt relief actions in Essex County and throughout North Jersey. Please call 973-764-1633 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our office on Centre Street in Nutley, adjacent to Yanticaw Park.