Go to main navigation
244 State Hwy 94, Vernon, NJ 07462
Call to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation 973-764-1633 973-764-1633

Can You File Bankruptcy If You Owe Child Support?

Yes, you can still file bankruptcy if you owe child support. Some mistakenly believe that owing child support is bar to filing bankruptcy. Not true. Domestic support obligations cannot be eliminated (discharged). Child support arrears can be repaid over time through a Chapter 13 Plan of Reorganization. In fact, unpaid child support that is properly… Read More »